Enhanced CCW Course
The Idaho Defense LLC Enhanced CCW course is a comprehensive two-day course. It is designed to cover the most important aspects of carrying a handgun for self-defense. Day one is classroom instruction, day two is the range day. Below are the main bullet points of each section, at the end of the course bullet points is a list of required student qualifications and equipment.
Classroom (eight hours):
- Brief history of firearms types
- Types of Handguns suitable for self-defense
- How to determine which handgun is best for your situation (risk factors)
- General Firearms Safety
- Ammunition, bullets, power, primers, cases
- Hatchers’ formula of relative stopping power.
- Situational awareness, avoiding criminal attack, defense planning
- Physiology of self-defense, and mental mind set
- Legal aspects of firearms ownership
- Range preparation
- Firearms maintenance.
Range (four to six hours)
- Range safety
- How to properly draw a firearm from holster
- How to properly load and unload your firearm
- Proper stance, grip, sight picture, and trigger control for various situations of time and distance.
- Multiple target engagement
- Malfunction drills
- Ammo management
- Shooting on the move to break contact or engage
- Shooting weak hand supported, strong and weak hand unsupported.
- Proper use of cover
- Tactical/Practical shooting qualifier
- Legally able to possess a handgun in Idaho.